Islamabad, October 12, 2021 (PPI-OT): The National Assembly’s Standing Committee on Kashmir Affairs and Gilgit-Baltistan summons Chief Secretary, Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) and Managing Director, National Engineering Services Pakistan (NESPAK), in the next meeting. 9th meeting of the Standing Committee on Kashmir Affairs and Gilgit-Baltistan held today at 11:00 a.m. in the Parliament House, Islamabad, under the Chairmanship of Syed Imran Ahmed Shah, MNA.
During the course of discussion on the project titled as “Construction of Rathoa-Haryam Bridge”, the Committee was informed by the Ministry that about 75% physical progress of the said project has been completed while the remaining 25% work was lying in waiting due to an unwanted tug of war amongst the Government of AJK/PD, NESPAK (Consultant) and the Contractor (Chinese Company). The Committee decided to summon the Chief Secretary, AJK, and the Managing Director, NESPAK, in the next meeting to have detailed briefing on the issue.
Regarding the status of approved Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) projects/schemes in AJK and Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) undertaken during last three years, the Committee was informed by the Ministry that a considerable number of development schemes; worth billions of rupees, were carried out under the PSDP in AJK and GB Province.
Apart from that, seven special development projects worth billions of rupees will also be undertaken by the Federal Government under the Prime Minister’s package in different parts of the GB Province. The Committee decided to visit AJK and GB in order to oversee the on-ground physical progress of these projects.
The Committee also offered Fateha for the departed souls of Hurriyat Leader Syed Ali Gillani, Mohsin-e-Pakistan Dr. Abdul Qadir Khan, Mr. Muhammad Pervaiz Malik, MNA (PML-N), Sardar Sikandar Hayat Khan, Ex-Prime Minister of AJK, and martyrs of Balochistan’s earthquake.
The meeting was attended by Mr. Saleem Rehman, Mr. Mehboob Shah, Mr. Muhammad Bashir Khan, Mr. Muhammad Yaqoob Sheikh, Mr. Niaz Ahmed Jakhar, Mr. Jamshed Thomas, Nawabzada Iftikhar Ahmed Khan Babar and Ms. Shamim Ara Panhwar, MNAs/ Members. The senior officers of Ministries of Kashmir Affairs and Gilgit-Baltistan, Planning Development and Special Initiatives and Commissioner Rehab, Government of AJK, were also present in the meeting.
For more information, contact:
National Assembly of Pakistan
Automation Centre, National Assembly Secretariat,
Parliament House, Islamabad, Pakistan